WELCOME!
This is my Virtual Welcome Mat!
Take your shoes off and stay a while!
My main blog is over here at ilovemy5kids!

I'm a Christ-follower who has a household of 7 - who sometimes writes reviews, all with a Family Friendly perspective.


Friday, April 2, 2010

The Promise of Morning by Ann Shorey

image

The Promise of Morning by Ann Shorey
ISBN: 978-0-8007-3333-9
$14.99, March 2010

 

When I first received this book, I got to tell you I was excited.  The cover was just beautiful. 

The back of the book explained that it was about a lady named Ellie Craig.  She had lost three of her babies.  Her husband is a pastor in a little church and there seems to be some trouble brewing by a new man in town.  Ellie’s family also seems to be falling apart.

The book starts off so slow and sad.  I really had to make myself continue reading.  The book just made me so sad.  It really didn’t offer much hope or encouragement.

I was surprised at where the author chose to go with her story.  It was not the exact ending that I thought would happen.  This would not be one of my favorite reads.

Even though it was not one of my favorite stories, it was a pretty simple read. 

There seems to be some unfinished stories in the book, so maybe book three in the series would help and complete the book.

I was given a complimentary book to review by Revell.  I was not paid for writing this review.

“Available March 2010 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.”

Blessings to you!!!  You are loved!!!

2 comments:

Ann Shorey said...

Thank you for reviewing The Promise of Morning. I appreciated your comments.
Blessings,
Ann
(You have a great family! Thanks for sharing their picture.)

tracysbooknook.com said...

Although I love Ann Shorey, I found that "A Promise of Morning" to be emotionally difficult.

Being a Pastor’s wife myself, I find myself overly sensitive to the depiction of Pastors and their families. I did not enjoy the character of Pastor Matthew and did not like how he was such a “bull in a china shelf” and created judgements of others so quickly.

If you're interested, I have more to say on my site at www.tracysbooknook.com.

-Tracy